(Our 2018 competition is closed and the winners selected. Thank you to all the artists who submitted designs.)
We need your help! Calling all Chesapeake Watershed Artists!
We need your help to submit an original design to help educate residents of York, PA about storm water pollution. The top three designs will be awarded cash prizes and their artwork will be showcased on storm drains in the city. Our goal is to create street art using storm drains to raise awareness of stormwater pollution.
The submission must be made before the July 25 deadline to be considered.
Winners must be able to physically create the artwork at specified locations in York, PA before August 25, 2018. Our goal is to have them complete before Yorkfest Find Arts Festival, August 25-26 held in downtown York.
1st place $400, 2nd place $300, 3rd place $200
- Best creative use of storm drain within the art work.
- A panel of local artists and community leaders will select the winning artists by the end of July.
- Winners' biographies will be featured on the web page.
- Paint and safety materials will be provided. Artists must supply their own brushes.
- Rules from the City of York must be followed.
Please submit an original sketch of your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25 along with the following information to be considered for this contest.
P.S. Please read the Memorandum of Agreement.
P.P.S. Don't forget to submit an original sketch of your idea and entry form information to email@example.com by the July 25, 2018 submission deadline to be considered.